Friday, January 18, 2008

Jet-Mom







We've had some hilarious language mix-ups as Leon and Aliou switch gears from Liberian English to American English. I wish I had been recording more of them along the way. Some have already gone down in family history. Here is today's funniest:

Leon and Aliou and Athan were playing with their friend. Aliou reported that his friend said his mom was his "jet-mom." It took me a minute but (cracking up inside) I said "Do you mean step-mom?" "No JET-mom!" This was enough for a good laugh but it was complicated by the fact that the mom had been making paper airplanes for the boys so OF COURSE she was a "jet-mom"! Who could argue.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Too funny! Keep 'em coming! I die reading Katy's and would love to read yours too!

Brandi

Donna Barber said...

As they say in Liberia- What "fine" boys!!!