Monday, January 17, 2011

One Thousand Gifts



I've stopped blogging because I've had some trouble getting pictures to upload to Blogger.  I like pictures.  I don't really like to read blogs that don't have images so I want my blog to have them.  I'll keep working on that but for now I have a new purpose for my blog.  At least for now I'll be recording my One Thousand Gifts:

#1  2 year-olds that remember to say please and thank you
#2 Raw milk shared with us weekly
#3 A 16 year old that can drive himself out into the world
#4 Unconditional spousal love
#5 64 degrees in January
#6 Three 8 year old boys running through the woods in the 64 degrees in January
#7 apple cider vinegar
#8 HOT water
#9 borrowed vacuum cleaners
#10 a talented young photographer in the family
#11 naps
#12 I love laundry
#13 The writings of other introverts and melancholics
#14 secret notes slipped under my door during Quiet Time
#15 conversations with my very verbal toddler
#16 my "puffy blanket"
#17 big siblings helping little siblings
#18 almost 8 year old Liberian son in size 5 shoes- the gift of decent nutrition
#19 gifts from Godparents that keep on giving through the years
#20 driving into the fog only one mile down the road from our spring-like hill-top

1 comment:

Lena said...

beautiful. thanks for sharing. the final inspiration that i needed to get my pen to paper (or fingers to the keyboard). i will attempt to start my One Thousand Gifts journal. +AMDG+

pax Christi – lena