Monday, February 14, 2011

God's Love Language - gift giving?



All of the 5 Love Languages probably originated with God but I've certainly become more aware of His delight in lavishing His gifts upon us.  How opulent!

Some more underlinings in 1000 Gifts:

"Behold glory and be held by God"

"I pay tribute to God by paying attention"

And some of those lavish gifts unwrapped this week:

#79 baby pictures
#80 toddler waking, blood-sugar stabilized, entering into the imaginary world of play
#81 an occasional invitation to enter into the imaginary play world, to wrap a "baby"and pick which cabinet she should "sleep" in, etc.
#82 8yo boys in blanket capes at bedtime
#83 lifting up little girls by the tights while dressing "to get them on all the way"
#84 big girls who reminisce about being lifted up in their tights
#85 tomboy who does home-repairs for me
#86 new starts and second chances
#87 90+ Valentines leaving our home this morning
#88 our little neighborhood charter school, only 3 minutes away despite our rural location, offering our family the change we needed this year
#89 my mom explaining the concept of a "career change" that I was calling an "identity crisis" now that I don't have all my children homeschooling under one roof on most days.... still wrapping myself around that.....
#90 the promising visual and performing arts highschool that my first-born daughter will attend next year....still wrapping myself around that too....
#91 the flicker of shadow, sunbeam, shadow, sunbeam as I drive through the tall trees on a sunny day - low February sun coming at us from an angle
#92 my sister-in-law enjoying 1000 Gifts too and recommending it to others - it's not just an Internet thing
#93 automatic dishwashers
#94 I was able to upload and old, random photo with this post for the first time in over a year!  must have been a Blogger thing.  yay!  hope that means I'm back to posting pictures.  maybe they'll work on Facebook too
#95 good quality salt.... makes me ponder what it means for a Christian to be salt and light...
#96 the "like" button on Facebook
#97 children that accept my simple cooking - they mostly don't know any better

No comments: