Monday, February 7, 2011

"Freeze Frames of Thanks"


Part of what helps me justify my book "habit" is that I can always resell my books.  Most do get resold eventually.  It's a special book that earns a permanent place on my shelves that are ruthlessly purged each year (wanna-be minimalist.)  1000 Gifts has definitely earned a place.  I knew that early on.  So I started underlining in pencil.  Some of my recent favorite quotes:
-these chronicles are "freeze frames of grace"
-"Eventually, I am guaranteed to lose every earthly thing I have ever possessed.......All human relationships end in loss.  Am I prepared for that?"
-"How do you know how to sift through a day, a life, and rightly read the graces, rightly ascertain the curses?"
-"..the spirit-to-spirit combat I endlessly wage with Satan is this ferocious thrash for joy."

#66 forgiveness extended
#67 hand-me-downs
#68 kids who buy meat and cheese when they get a little spending money instead of asking for treats
#69 the good kind of guilt that keeps my selfishness in check
#70 husband aglow in new business ventures
#71 6yo loving her jump rope
#72 T-Tapp, every time I do the workout it's like a visit to the chiropractor - the Pearl of Great Price in exercise for me. Once I found T-Tapp I got rid of every other exercise related "thing" in my life
#73 the writings of Brian Jacques, God rest his soul.
#74 Power Writing lessons from Grand-daddy - it's been awhile but we still use what we've learned
#75 pure spring water coming right through the tap
#76 not being able to see neighbors but being only 10 minutes from town - the best of both worlds
#77 spell checks
#78 each day's Gospel reading

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hi Jennie Lou~ Haven't popped over for awhile so wanted to say hello. How are you guys doing? We miss seeing your lovely family at Little Flowers. Hope you are all doing well. Have a blessed week:-)

Jennie Lou said...

Tiffany, I'm hoping to get down there for some of the next meetings. Hope we will not be too behind on what the different groups are doing. Most of the families we connected with best have moved away.... so we'll have to come make new friends. I've been enjoying your blog. Your little b-day girl looks so big compared to my tiny, bald 2 1/2 yo.