Friday, October 12, 2007

Name Change

I've just changed the name of our little blog. It took me a little while to think of something meaningful. This quote from Elizabeth Foss explains what I mean by "The Overflow."

"Serendipity represents what we are actually doing in the heart of my home. It's blogging from the overflow, the afterglow. It is a record of our learning but it is not nor will it ever be anything but the bubbling over of the good that exists in my real life with my real children. I won't rob from them to blog for someone else. I will, however, gratefully share from abundance."

Many, many times I have found my feelings and aspirations in Elizabeth's words before I was able to put them into words myself. She has been an unknowing e-mentor and inspiration. I can't wait to hear her talks from this summer's conference!

2 comments:

winterizing said...

Beautifully said, JL. Thanks for citing your source (said the ex-English teacher). I'm also impressed by your skillful links in the midst of your post.

Elizabeth Foss said...

I love your blog's name;-)! Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to reading about your family's adventures.